Sunday 4 April 2010

Great hospitalities in Manchester!

On the very April fool day, I went to Manchester again for the 4th time because I have to attend an interview on the next day. Thanks to QX for offering her house's living room's sofa for a night. I wish my room has that kind of sofa, it is really comfortable as I can sink myself into the sofa fully! I unavoidably became relying on her in finding ways to destination like the interview hotels and bus stops when I was not there alone..hehe..Also, luckily she is nice, or else I will be so pai seh because I didn't inform her that my another friend LF might stay in her place too..Apparently LF didn't bother to explain the situation to her as well..that's really not I would have wanted or done but I apologised on his behalf before I came back.
Then for 1/4's dinner, QX, together with HL and AB, brought us to a korean restaurant named Seoul Kimchi. The food there has got a lot of varieties, combining korean and japanese and with reasonable price, compared to Nottingham! I guess having rivalries is always good for the consumers...The restaurant was supposed to be closed at 9.30pm. When we went there it was 9.45 already and they were serving their supposedly last customers in there. QX LF and I went together and HL and AB went before us and we planned to meet there. HL and AB arrived first and they were rejected by the lady boss because they wanted to close already. Then when we arrived, we didn't see HL and AB and didn't know they have asked already. So, QX went in and asked whether we can still eat. The lady boss said we can order something simple as she thought we are just three people. Then, HL and AB re-emerged out of nowhere and the lady boss said oh I got cheated! Haha..It was so funny.
Nevertheless, she treated us nicely. We ordred a kimchi, a korean style dong fen and 5 korean bento and nothing else but she gave us a lot of extra food, like a kind of cold korean soup containing vegetable, and another dish of vegetable with dunno what sauce is that, and 2 extra bowl of rice!! The chopsticks are really nicely designed. So we sat there and took this and that, I felt like eating at home because there were so much food that u can simply take and no need to consider need to share it equally among your friends!However, at the same time, we felt quite bad because they were supposed to close the restaurant d. HL and AB kept on teasing QX to make her feel guilty until she decided to help the lady boss wash the dish at least to let her go home earlier. Haha..so in the end, we were too full and were unable to finish the food and left a little bit. The lady boss said the dishes will be washed tomorrow by another worker. haha...lucky us..Then on the way back, HL and AB were still teasing QX to make her feel more guilty. They said what if the lady boss being robbed on the way she went home and also, her husband might not be happy that she went home late all that...LOL...poor QX...perhaps she won't dare to go there again...
Then on the day to the interview, we missed the damn bus for dunno what reason because we were early already. Then we decided to take taxi QX, LF and I joined by QX's friend M. The cab driver there was quite nice as well. surprisingly he is a White British as I have never seen White British driving a cab here in Nottingham. Mostly is by Muslim here. The price can be negotiated!!so we just need to pay 5 pound for a ride for a distance like BGP to broadmarsh!
So there goes interview and I think I am lazy to share here at the moment about the interview. LOL..but after that, QX and M went shopping immediately while it was my turn to enter the interview room..Girls really...hehe...Then when I came out and met them, something bad happened because QX lost her certs while they were kept in M's folder. So M felt very guilty and three of us went to police station together to report that. In the mean time, QX kept saying its ok coz it can be replaced soon if not found. After making the report, I went back to nottingham. Then at that night itself, QX msn me and said the certs have been found! So efficient in a way...
So, these are all hospitalities stories in Manchester.I think that's a wonderful place as everytime I go there, I can find something new, including the police station this time hahaha....But also thanks to QX or else my previous week will be crapper in addition to my abstract and guidelines deadlines....

6 comments:

Qing Xi said...

wahhh... so much details! =P I still think that the korean aunty part is the funniest! lolol. But I actually dont mind going back again, she is so nice! hahaha... btw, come to Manchester again before you go back to malaysia. I bring you out to eat! ^^

CrunchyCookies said...

Yea I may go again because in May I will be so free after the project and coursework. To be honest, it is very hard not to go again. Everytime I think I won't go already, but there will have some oppurtunity that I will or must go again. Lol...
I planned to write more detail including HanLing's conversation in it. Haha. But i have decided against it because it would be too long then haha..

pixiepeks said...

Fuah u very jahat leh..she let u stay with her samo make her feel guilty about the closing time. tsk tsk PS2!!

CrunchyCookies said...

No la. I am good people ma, I didn't tease her according to my blog post.Lol..And u really read my blog. So Tak sia-sia that i write in english haha..

pixiepeks said...

Of course! ^_^ So that was for my benefit? HAHAAHAHA KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK YO!!!!

siusiu said...

poor QX, she has to telan all de bad things but luckily things turned out fine, de korean restaurant wish to try it next time since de taukenio so nice!